Skip to main content

Counsel: Pamela

The conversion you are about to read is a counseling conversation with a lady, Pamela (name changed) in a social network. You will find it very interesting and encouraging. Make sure you read through, you will find within the conversation, situations or challenges and words of counsel I offered. I edited it a little for clarity but the content is as raw as we had it. Happy reading:  

Ride The Tide: Hi! 
Pamela: What's up! 
Ride The Tide: Great!
Pamela: Pleases who are u?  
Ride The Tide: Chuks! 
Pamela: So you are in What's App before? "And you no dey tell me hi" 
Ride The Tide: Went on exile. 
Pamela: Nawaooo!!!
Pamela: Hope you are still strong in faith?
Ride The Tide: It gets better.
Pamela: Be praying for me o!
Pamela: I don't know whether am increasing or not  
Pamela: Am fluctuating o! Pamela: A lot of things are wearying me that when I remember them I think God is partial 
Ride The Tide: What specifically, emotion? Everyone has got that time when expectations were dashed, things refusing to work out and the temptations to say "God why me?"
Pamela: Family challenges.
Ride The Tide: Do you know what? I look back at the challenges I faced myself and I smile now. They have contributed a lot to what I am now.I can't wish them away now 'cause, God has taught me how to see Jesus even in fire.
Pamela: Hmm!!
Pamela: It's well Bro. But I don't know how I would control mine.
Ride The Tide: Until one learns this, his\her growth in God is stunted.
Pamela: Because it's seriously weighing me down.  
Ride The Tide: You cannot win new battles with yesterday's level or strength.
Pamela: Do you know that at times I ask God whether He can't destroy those that are happy that am crying or that my family is suffering. 
Ride The Tide: Stop seeing your enemies, in fact let them not exist in your mind because it takes a lot more energy to meditate on evil people than to run a marathon. There is a rest in God, he who enters that rest, seizes from struggles. 
Pamela: This days going to church does not please me anymore. Because I was asking God how I will be serving Him, and we are passing through hell. One will go to church, come back and there will be nothing to eat or keep life going.
Ride The Tide: If you keep remembering your enemies, what is lacking in your life, and all that, you give them power to hinder you. 'Cause u will stop focusing on your fellowship with God and start being bitter. In that state its hard for the blessings God promised his children to be assessed. Besides, the devil could be using family challenges to distract you from growing in God's blessings. Make sure u don't fail God and yourself. You become what you meditate on.
Pamela: But how do I distract myself from thinking about it.
Ride The Tide: Focus on the Blessing of God you see already while personalizing God's promises. Meditate more. The word of God in a man's life is a compelling force for unbeatable greatness. Beat the devil in his game. 
Pamela: I will try my best. At times when I pray I think maybe God don't answer me anymore. But I still give God thanks that he has used people like you to bless me.
Ride The Tide: That's the devil giving you unbelief, the greatest sin. Jesus is ever praying for you even at heaven, how could he not make your prayers to get answers.
Pamela: It has really been a concern. 
Ride The Tide: The devil uses little, little struggles, maybe emotions,bitterness and so on to make us loose confidence in our prayer and fellowship with God. That's why love is the greatest battle winner. Because it gives one confidence with God and good conscience to ask whatever without doubting.
Pamela: You are right.
Ride The Tide: Pray again but first free your mind.  
Pamela: I will try. 
Ride The Tide: What of your guy?  
Pamela: He is fine. He has gone for his service. He has faith like you.
Ride The Tide: Ok!
Pamela: If not that he has been preaching and encouraging me I would have done otherwise.
Ride The Tide: Everyone needs encouragement once in a while including him
Pamela: Yes! But I can't give what I don't have.  
Ride The Tide: You have it in you. Don't let challenges reduce your self esteem. Remember Job, the devil took away his wealth and health but Job didn't let him take his confession. What is a woman in a man's life without a common encouragement.
Pamela: Thanks for your encouragement.You are one in a million. 
Ride The Tide: And you are the best. Bye for now Pamela: Ok! 
Nothing More Spectacular than Jesus! He's real to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Salvation Nearer Than When We First Believed

Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed.(Romans 13:11) 

No Polish for Death

When something is dead around you, please do me this favour: Don't nurture it, don't pamper it, don't polish it.  Call it back to life or buried it forever!  Holding unto dead things frustrate the new life we can have.  When dead people occupy our hearts, we frustrate the living; When dead relationships occupy us, we kill promising ones; When past failures and mistakes occupy us, we keep repeating the failure. Live today for today and for tomorrow. Just your best of life.

You Shall Floursh

Scriptural Highlight: ( Psalm 92:12_13 ) - "The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Labanon; plated in the house of the Lord, they will flourish in the  courts of our God." The name of our devotional  in this platform is Daily Flourish and the revelation behind it is simply our scriptural highlight for today. The word of God is telling us today the undeniable attributes of the righteous: they flourish.To flourish is to succeed despite obstacles, challenges or bad climate. To flourish is to bring forth praise unto God. Today's devotional will not be enough to exhaust what it means for the righteous to flourish what is important is for you to understand what God has made us to become. Firstly, why did God compare the success of the righteous to that of palm tree? The palm tree is a tree whose growth is unique : In some conditions it may take long before it springs up but definitely it would spring up. There is nothing about